The Ultimate Baked Potato
- 25g butter
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and diced fine
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 420g can Watties tomatoes chopped in puree
- 500g beef mince
- 140g pot tomato paste
- 420g can red kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 medium sized Wilcox Red Jackets Potatoes
- cooking oil or cooking oil spray
- lite sour cream
- chopped chives
- extra paprika for serving
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the onions, garlic, and spices. Turn the heat down to low and sweat for around 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned tomatoes, beef mince and tomato paste then stir through to evenly incorporate. Simmer on a gentle heat for 15 minutes until the mince has cooked through.
- Drain the kidney beans and rinse well. Drain the beans then add to the mince along with the sugar and salt.
- Wash and dry potatoes then prick all over with a fork. Oven bake potatoes at 200°C for approximately 1 hour until tender when pierced or cook in the microwave resting on paper towels, on high, 2 at a time for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- To serve, slice the potatoes in half and place on serving plates. Top with the chilli mince, sour cream, chopped chives and a little extra paprika.
Hints & Tips
Here are a few ideas to get your taste buds tingling...
• Mince with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, garlic and chilli
• Tuna and celery
• Cheese and spring onion
• Spicy Salsa
• Stir fry steak slices, capsicum, onions, mushrooms
• Baby leeks and cheese
• Sliced chorizo and tomatoes
• Prawns and spring onions in mayonnaise
• Baked Beans and meatballs or creamed corn
Liked this recipe? rate and share it