Spanish Style Casserole by King Soup
Feed your family this hearty tomato based casserole.
- Serves 8
- 20 mins to prepare
- 180 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1 packet King Minestrone Soup Mix
- 3 chorizo sausages
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 rashers bacon
- 400g can Italian tomatoes in juice
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 300g can butter beans
- ½ cup basil pesto
- Cut Sausages into 3cm pieces and place in a slow cooker with chicken drumsticks.
- Remove rind from bacon and chop bacon finely.
- Add bacon, King Minestrone Soup Mix, Italian tomatoes (undrained) and water to slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on a low setting for 6 hours or on a high setting for 3 hours.
- Drain butter beans and add to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve casserole in individual bowls with a tablespoon of pesto on top.
- Select low or high on your slow cooker. If your slow cooker has one setting, use the low cooking guide below.
Cooking on low
- Add 9 cups of HOT water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 8-10 hours, or
- Add 9 cups of BOILING water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 6-7 hours
Cooking on high
- Add 9 cups of COLD water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 6-7 hours.
Make sure you check out more King soup recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it