Spaghetti and Cheese Toastie
This hot sandwich heaven is a favourite for both the young and old!
- 5 mins to prepare
- 5 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 3 rashers bacon, rind removedand chopped
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 6 slices bread
- 1 can Wattie’s Spaghetti
- Cook bacon in a frying and cut into pieces. Grate cheese.
- Place one piece of bread in a heated toastie maker or frying pan.
- Spoon a good amount of Wattie’s Spaghetti in the middle of the bread (making sure you don’t over fill or the filling will spill out during cooking). Scatter over the bacon and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Carefully top with the second slice of bread ... and toast away. Cook both sides until golden brown. Enjoy, it’s hot sandwich heaven!
You can substitute Wattie’s Spaghetti with Wattie’s Spaghetti 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
*Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Spaghetti in tomato sauce 420g.
- Ham, salami or sausage
- Finely chopped or sliced onion
- Crushed pineapple, well drained.
Make sure you check out more Wattie's Food in a Minute recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it