Selaks Roast Beef, Wet Polenta & Vine-ripened Tomatoes
Serve alongside a Merlot Cabernet. a perfect pair!
- Serves 6
- 20 mins to prepare
- 120 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 250g medium polenta
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1.38 litres water, split into 460 ml amounts
- 1.5 kg sirloin, fat removed, sliced down the centre to create 2 loins
- 3 Tbsp tomato oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 200ml Selaks Merlot Cabernet
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes
- ½ Tbsp Horseradish sauce
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ cup your favourite gravy
- 65g butter, diced
- 50g parmesan, pecorinoor manchego cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful of watercressor rocket
- First, prepare the wet polenta by placing the polenta and ½ tablespoon salt into a mixing bowl over a double boiler. Pour in the first quantity of water, whisking vigorously to remove any lumps, then continue withthe remaining two amounts until completely blended.
- Cover with tin foil, securing the edges and cook for one hour and 20 minutes, stirring with a spatula every 20 minutes so it doesn’t catch.
- In preparation, roast the tomatoes with sprinkled sea salt and balsamic vinegar for ten minutes at 175°C.
- Turn up the oven to 220°C. Season the beef with sea salt and coat in the sundried tomato oil. Heat a cast iron frypan, and sear the beef all over to seal.
- Transfer to a greased wire cookie rack placed over a tinfoil-lined roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes, turning half way through cooking and basting with the red wine.
- Remove the beef and place the slow roasted vine ripened tomatoes on the roasting tray and heat until just hot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the horseradish, mascarpone and lemon zest. Whisk the butter and parmesan into the polenta.
- Slice the beef and spoon a mound of wet polenta over it on the plate. Place tomatoes next to the beef. Top with horseradish sauce mix and fresh watercress or rocket. Spoon the warmed gravy over the beef.
Wine Match: Selaks Reserve Merlot Cab.
Make sure you check out more Selaks Roast Day recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it