Meadow Mushrooms Caramelised Onion Tarts
Share these sensational tarts with friends and family
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted preferable)
- 1 large onion (red or white), thinly sliced
- (250g) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ t fresh thyme
- Salt & black pepper to season
- ¼ cup white wine (or stock)
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 cup Gruyere/Emmental grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water Chopped parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan, on a low-heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until caramelised.
- Add the butter till melted, then add the mushroom until soft and moisture evaporated (10-15 minutes).
- Add the garlic, thyme and seasoning and stir for another minute.
- Deglaze the plan, by adding the wine and stirring thoroughly, cook until absorbed.
- Combine the egg and water well.
- Cut 16 x 8-10 cm inch circles in the pastry and layout on the baking trays. Prick each with a fork 2-3 times
- Top with a heaped spoon of the mushroom mixture, leaving a 1cm edge clear. Brush the edges with the egg-wash. Then top with cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden and sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
Make sure you check out more Meadows recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it