Lamb Rump with Tomato and Feta
The lovely spices and creamy feta make this dish so tasty
- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare
- 10 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 3 Quality Mark lamp rumps, trimmed of any silver skin
- Spice mix
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Good pinch cayenne pepper
- Tomato & feta salad
- 180g feta cheese
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon each of chopped fresh mint and dill
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, core removed and sliced
- Small handful basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- Place spices in a small bowl and mix with a dash of olive oil to form a thin paste.
Tomato & feta salad
- Crumble feta into a bowl and lightly mash with a fork.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon water, onion and chopped herbs.
- Season well and mix gently.
- Heat barbecue grill until hot.
- Rub lamb rumps with spice mixture and place on the grill for 10 minutes, turning once for medium-rare lamb.
- Remove from the grill, cover loosely and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with tomatoes topped with basil, feta mix and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Tips & Tricks:
- Lamb rumps vary in size. We grilled rumps that weighed around 200g each. Coating lamb rump in a spice mixture adds flavour, but also acts as a seal to lock in meat juices during cooking.
- To boost the carbohydrate and fibre content of this dish, serve with a side of steamed kumara, potato or wholemeal pasta.
Find more Beef + Lamb NZ recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it