Home-made Vegetable Soup
A warming winter dish
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 each of carrots, kumara and potatoes,washed and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, including leaves, chopped
- 1-2 cups peeled and chopped pumpkin
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan and stir fryonion and carrot for 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer gently for 15 minutes oruntil vegetables are tender.
- Add pepper and serve.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it