A quick meal that's full of flavour
- 20 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 quality sausages, pork or beef
- 1 onion, halved & sliced
- 1 fresh pear, cored & sliced
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup raisins
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan & cook the sausages for 4-5 minutes over a low to medium heat until browned. Add the onions & pear, then cook for a further 2 minutes – drain off any excess oil.
- In a jug combine the tomato sauce, cornflour, Worcestershire sauce, spices & brown sugar with 2 cups of water, then whisk to mix well.
- Add the raisins to the jug, then pour the sauce mix into the pan & mix well. Cover & simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sausages are cooked & the sauce thickens.
- Serve the sausages over couscous & garnish with fresh thyme. Add seasonal greens.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it