Halloween Toffee Apples
A sweet and fruity snack for Halloween
- Serves 15
- 10 mins to prepare
- 30 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 15 fresh apples
- 350ml water
- 400g caster sugar
- 350g golden syrup
- Food colouring (optional)
- Ice cream sticks
- Insert ice cream sticks into the middle of the whole stemmed apples.
- Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Over a medium-high heat combine the sugar, golden syrup and water in a medium saucepan. Heat until the mixture is between 149-154°. Alternatively you can drop a small amount of mixture in cold water, if it forms hard brittle threads it is ready.
- Remove from heat and add 8-10 drops of food colouring if desired.
- Dip apple into the mixture coating evenly. Place on the greased trays and leave until they have set.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it