- 125g butter
- ½ cup Chelsea White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Chelsea Golden Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp each: cinnamon, mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat butter and Chelsea White Sugar until pale, mix in the Chelsea Golden Syrup followed by the egg. Sift dry ingredients and combine with the butter mix to form a dough.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of baking paper to roughly 3mm thick. Remove top paper layer, press out shapes using a using a biscuit cutter, remove excess dough. Place biscuits (on the paper) onto a baking tray.
- Press remaining dough together and roll out again, pressing out shapes until mixture is used up. Bake for 15 minutes, cool on a wire rack before decorating.
- Decorate with icing, food colouring and icing pens.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it