Gluten & Dairy Free Christmas Cake
Christmas cake for everyone!
- Serves 32
- 15 mins to prepare
- 135 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1.2kg mixed dried fruit, chopped if large
- 1 cup sherry or brandy
- 250g dairy-free table spread, at room temperature
- 300g brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- Pinch salt
- Blanched almonds
- Place the dried fruit in a large bowl. Add the sherry and mix well. Cover and soak overnight.
- Next day, preheat the oven to 150°C. Line the base and sides of a 23cm-25cm round spring-form cake pan with baking paper.
- Beat the table spread and sugar together, until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift the flour, spice and salt into a bowl then add alternately to the sugar mixture with the dried fruit and any liquid.
- Spoon into the cake pan and smooth the top with a wet hand. Decorate the top with the blanched almonds.
- Bake for about 2¼ hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove and cool in the pan. Wrap in foil and store in a cool place.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it