Ginger and Lime Pumpkin Mash
The Pumpkin's main nutrients are lutein with both alpha and beta carotene, the latter of which generates vitamin A in the body.
- 10 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1 wedge of pumpkin (1.2 kg)
- 3 Tbsp lime flavoured avocado oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼-½ cup milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the pumpkin seeds. Place the pumpkin in a plastic bag in the microwave and cook on high power for 8-10 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft and tender.
- Slip the skin off. Mash the pumpkin with the oil, ginger, sour cream and milk to a smooth consistency adding more milk if necessary.
- Season with pepper.
Hints & Tips
If you don't have lime flavoured avocado oil, lime juice with a good quality olive oil
will also give great tasting results
For more vegetable recipes go to vegetables.co.nz
Liked this recipe? rate and share it