Frozen Christmas Pudding
A good old fashioned Christmas Pudding
- Serves 8
- 30 mins to prepare
- Print Recipe
- 100g butter 400g
- Mixed dried fruit
- 50g each: red & green glazed cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup each: cream, brandy or sherry
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 100g walnuts, pistachio or blanched almonds, chopped
- 2L French vanilla ice cream
- Topping: 100g dairy milk chocolate, melted
- Line the base and sides of a 1.5litre pudding bowl with plastic film.
- Place the butter, dried fruit, cherries, brown sugar and cream in a saucepan. Heat until the butter is melted.
- Add the brandy and baking soda. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until the baking soda stops fizzing. Stir in the nuts. Cool a little.
- Break up the ice cream in a large bowl. Stir in the fruit mixture while still warm. Pour into the prepared pudding basin.
- Freeze for at least 24 hours before turning onto a serving plate.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate over the top allowing it to dribble down the sides.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it