Egg Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Try serving with fresh crusty loaf, seeded toast or with a 'fan' of avocado.
- 1 x pack of Meadows BBQ Portobello's
- 4 x large free range eggs
- 4 T quality chutney e.g. sun dried tomato and olive (not too much liquid)
- 2 T grated Parmesan Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and black pepper to season
- ½ red capsicum diced to serve
- Chopped parsley
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high.
- Brush the mushrooms lightly with olive oil top and bottom then season gently with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mushrooms on a foil lined baking tray, in the centre of the oven and grill for 5 minutes on each side, turning carefully, until just cooked.
- Remove mushrooms to cool and change oven mode to bake, heat to 200 degrees.
- Spread chutney inside each mushroom then sprinkle with parmesan. Carefully break an egg into each mushroom and season with black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the whites are cooked.To serve garnish with a sprinkle of red capsicum.
Hints and tips
Be careful not to overfill or get the mushroom wet to prevent sogginess We recommend a quality, free-range eggs e.g. Henergy Barn Eggs
- Try serving with fresh crusty loaf, seeded toast or homemade hash browned potatoes.
- Or present with a 'fan' of avocado (halve, then quarter an avocado. Add 2-3 cuts from just below the top to the bottom, then splay out to make a fan)
Make sure you check out more Meadows recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it