‘Easy As’ Chicken Curry
This one is easy to make and a great way to introduce your family to international flavours.
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare
- 15 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked rice, any sort is fine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp rice bran oil
- 400g chicken (breast, thigh or tenderloins), diced
- 1 Tbsp white flour
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen vegetables, such as green beans, carrots and/or corn
- 400g can light coconut milk
- 1 bunch spinach or baby spinach, shredded
- Cook rice to packet directions.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a frying pan.
- Add the chicken. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients — except the spinach.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then add the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Cook's tip: For beginners in curry creating, start with a milder powder and add more to taste or get a stronger version next time.
Gourmet tip: Top with fresh coriander or serve with wedges of fresh limes or lemons.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it