Easter Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing
Scrumptious Easter Cupcakes by Chelsea NZ topped with chocolate curls
- Serves 10
- 30 mins to prepare
- 8 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 150g butter
- 1 ½ cups Chelsea Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups self-raising flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups Chelsea Rich Chocolate Icing Sugar
- 1 knob of butter, softened (approx. 10g)
- 2 Tbsp hot water (approx.)
- Dark chocolate curls or flakes, mini Easter eggs to decorate or make coloured fondant eggs.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer until smooth, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Add the vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Place individual paper baking cups in a cupcake tin, spoon in mixture until they are about 2/3 full - you should get 24 cupcakes (don't overfill as they will 'peak'). Bake in the oven at 190°C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While cupcakes are cooling on a wire rack, prepare icing.
- Measure Chelsea Rich Chocolate Icing Sugar into a bowl, add butter and hot water, mix until smooth. Icing should spread easily; if too thick add a little more hot water to allow it to spread easily.
- To decorate: Spread chocolate icing thickly on to cooled cupcakes. Arrange chocolate pieces around the outer edges, pushing gently into the icing. Finish by placing mini eggs in the centres.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave chocolate curls from a block of dark chocolate or crumble a 'Flake' bar.
For more inspirational Chelsea recipes go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it