Easter Cup Cakes
Easter is coming, make a batch now!
- Serves 24
- Print Recipe
- 150g unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups Chelsea Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Chelsea Icing Sugar
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut toasted
- Mini Easter eggs
- In a bowl beat the butter. Add Chelsea Caster Sugar then cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Place individual paper baking cups in a muffin tray and pour in the mixture until they are about 2/3 full. Bake in the oven at 190°C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the cupcakes are cooling on a wire rack, prepare the frosting. Beat together the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Add Chelsea Icing Sugar and coconut cream then gently mix until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- To toast the coconut, spread a thin layer on a baking tray and place under the grill at 180°C for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until light golden and even in colour.
- Pipe a circle of frosting on to the tops of cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with toasted coconut to create nests. Place three chocolate Easter eggs in the middle of the coconut nest.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it