Crushed Almond Cutlets
Take cutlets to a whole new level with the addition of a textured, nutty crust.
- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare
- 8 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 12 Quality Mark lamb cutlets
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ - 2 cups dry white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup whole almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- oil for frying
- lemon wedges
- warm salad of green beans, peas, fresh mozzarella and herbs ( sweet marjoram or oregano leaves)
- Place the flour on a plate, the breadcrumbs on another and the egg mixture in a shallow bowl.Stir the almonds and parsley through the breadcrumbs and season.
- Coat each cutlet in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture, then place in the breadcrumbs. Gently pat down on each side, ensuring that the cutlets are well coated. Place on a large plate as you go.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to just cover the base of the pan. As soon as the oil is hot (test oil is hot by dropping in a few crumbs – they should sizzle in the hot oil), add half of the lamb cutlets and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown, then turn and cook for a further 1 minute until golden brown.
- Remove, drain on crumpled kitchen paper. Repeat with remaining lamb cutlets.
Find more Beef + Lamb NZ recipes on their website.
834 calories per serving
Liked this recipe? rate and share it