Fettucine with Creamy Tomato
Tomato based pasta is a tasty and easy dinner option
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare
- 10 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 4-6 rashers bacon, trimmed of rind
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 250g mushrooms, finely sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 400g can Wattie’s Tomato & Garlic Extra Chunky Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- Fettuccine for 4
- Parmesan or cheddar cheese to garnish
- Fresh herbs to garnish (optional)
- Chop the bacon finely.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the bacon & mushrooms. Cook over a moderately high heat for 2 minutes until the bacon is fragrant & the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the wine, simmer until reduced by half.
- Stir in the Wattie’s Chunky Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream & chopped parsley, warm through. Do not boil or the sauce will curdle.
- Cook the fettuccine in plenty of boiling lightly salted water until it is al dente (about 11-12 minutes) & drain well.
- Serve in pasta bowls topped with the sauce & garnished with a little grated Parmesan cheese & herbs if wished.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it