Bacon, Mushroom and Tomato Brunch Croissants
With only 5 ingredients these are a simple, tasty treat to make your brunch a winning
- 4 x Fresh Croissants
- 2 tablespoon of Olive oil or butter
- 1 x 250g pack of Meadows White/Brown Button Mushrooms
- 8 x Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 x packet of your favourite Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to around 150 degrees and prepare the croissants by cutting in half across the middle.
- Heat oil in the pan and add the sliced mushrooms. Stirring constantly.Continue to cook until the moisture from the mushrooms is absorbed and they just start to brown (5-10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill. Cook bacon till crisp and tomatos until starting to colour.
- Add Croissants to the oven and heat croissants for 2-3 minutes. With a fork, mash a cherry tomato into the bottom half of the croissant. Top with two rashers of bacon then mushrooms.
- Serve with a side or sliced avocado or a dash of Anathoth Tomato Relish.
Hints and tips
- In a rush? Using Meadows sliced mushrooms can help save you time
- We recommend a free-range farmed bacon e.g. Freedom farms
- Try using mini-croissants as part of a bigger breakfast
- Try adding a smear of cream cheese to your croissants to add extra creamy richness or even some cheese
- Add a side of scrumptious scrambled eggs made with a little cream as a treat! Here is a recipe: BBC Good Food Perfect scrambled eggs
- Croissants are perfect with coffee, as the French have them! Or with a little sparkling wine to brighten your occasion
Make sure you check out more Meadows recipes on their website.
Recipe by: Meadow Mushrooms
Liked this recipe? rate and share it