Anzac Biscuits by Chelsea
Enjoy these Anzac biscuits with a hot cup of tea
- 16 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Chelsea White Sugar or Chelsea Raw Sugar
- ¼ cup (firmly packed) Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, cubed
- ¼ cup Chelsea Golden Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C conventional bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour and cinnamon. Add the rolled oats, sugars and coconut; mix well.
- Combine the butter, Chelsea Golden Syrup and water in a small saucepan and stir over low to medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture is well combined (ensure the mixture does not simmer or boil). Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Add immediately to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Roll 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into balls and place onto tray about 5cm apart. Use your fingers to flatten each slightly (until they are about 1cm thick) and bake for 16 minutes for a chewy biscuit or 20 minutes for a crunchier biscuit.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
For more inspirational Chelsea recipes go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it