BBQ Butterflied Rosemary Chicken
Fresh ingredients make this dish one of our favourite
- Serves 6
- Print Recipe
No 16 chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup each: white wine vinegar, olive oil
- 2 tablespoons small rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To butterfly the chicken, insert a heavy, sharp knife in the cavity and cut down the backbone. Open the chicken up, skin-side down and flatten the breastbone. Cut the backbone from the chicken. Remove the ribs from the flesh.
- Place the chicken skin-side up in a pan just large enough to hold it.
- Whizz the marinade ingredients in a small blender and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge, turning over once.
- Remove from the marinade and pat dry. Barbecue on a hot plate on medium heat, skin-side up, for about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over, cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until cooked through, or the internal temperature is 74°C. Remove to a platter. Cover and stand for 10 minutes before carving. Great garnished with extra rosemary.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it