What you should know about Onions
- Store onions in a cool, dark and well ventilated place – not in plastic bags as this encourages them to sweat.
- Avoid refrigerating or storing your onions with other foods that may absorb the onion flavour.
- Onions can also help to soothe insect bites, stings and even burns – by rubbing them onto the affected areas it will help to ease the pain.
- Need to clean your Grill or BBQ? Chop an onion in half and turn it on. Using a fork glide the onion around the grill to scrub it clean.
- Can onions really soothe a sore throat? Apparently yes! Onion tea is thought to help. Bring to the boil 1 cup of water with the peels of ½ an onion. Once boiled remove onion and serve.