Wattie's Country Beef Hot Pot
Great to have all year round!
- Serves 6
- 10 mins to prepare
- 300 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 500g gravy beef
- 2 medium red or brown onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 stalks celery, chopped roughly
- 2 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 535g can Wattie's Just Add Italian Mince & Vegetables Simmer Sauce
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 425g can Craig's Red Kidney Beans in brine, drained and rinsed
- Turn the slow cooker on to low to pre-warm.
- Cut beef into 3cm pieces and place in the slow cooker. Add the onions, celery and carrots.
- Pour over Wattie's Just Add Italian Mince & Vegetables Simmer Sauce, ½ cup water and bay leaves.
- Cover with the lid. Cook on low for 5-7 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the drained Craig's Red Kidney Beans. cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until the beans are hot. Season to taste.
- Remove the bay leaves. Serve with mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.
To oven cook: Place ingredients in a casserole dish. Cover. Cook at 160oC for 2 ½-3 hours, until meat is tender. Remove from the oven and add the drained Craig's Red Kidney Beans. Cover. Return to the oven and cook a further 10 minutes until the beans are heated through.
Tip: For quick and easy mashed potato, microwave Wattie's frozen Steam 'n' Mash according to packet directions. Mash with milk and a knob of butter for extra creamy mashed potato.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it