The children will love this one, how about getting them to choose the vegetables fresh from the supermarket!!
- Serves 5
- Print Recipe
- 3 cups seasonal vegetables e.g. finely chopped onion, pepper or tomato, grated carrot or courgette, finely sliced mushrooms, beans or asparagus, cooked and drained spinach or silverbeet
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 rashers lean bacon, finely chopped (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the vegetables and cheese in a well greased baking dish.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together.
- Sprinkle over the self raising flour and mix well, ensuring there are no lumps. Pour over the vegetables.
- Top with bacon and the pepper. Bake at 200°C for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Serve either hot or cold.
Tip: A great variety of different vegetables can be used in this Vegetable Slice.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it