Tasty Tuna Salad
This tuna salad is perfect for quick and easy entertaining.
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare
- 20 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
400g purple-skinned kumara
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
185g tuna in spring water, drained and flaked.
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 Tbsp slivered almonds
8 large crisp lettuce leaves, coarsely torn
1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan of water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, drain and cool in cold water for 10 minutes.
2. Roughly peel kumara and cut into 1cm cubes. Cook kumara in a steamer above the eggs while they are cooking, or cook in the microwave. Cool.
3. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and curry powder in a small bowl.
4. In a large bowl, combine peas, tuna, tomatoes, celery, almonds and kumara. Combine with the dressing.
4. Slice the shelled eggs and add. Serve on lettuce.
Hints & Tips
Alternatives: Use pine nuts instead of almonds for a different flavour.
Health Tip: Cook a few extra hard boiled eggs, as they make a great snack for school lunches.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it