Pancakes with Strawberries
Indulge in these yummy heart-shaped pancakes with your mum
- Serves 2
- 10 mins to prepare
- 15 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
A magnificent brunch option that’s quick and easy to whip up for your valentine. Great served with yoghurt or whipped cream.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons each: canola oil, sugar
- extra canola oil for frying
- 8-10 small strawberries, hulled & halved lengthwise
- ¼-½ cup maple syrup
- icing sugar
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the liquid ingredients and sugar, until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Add a little oil to a large non-stick frying pan. Using biscuit cutters as moulds pour 2-4 tablespoons of batter depending on the size of the mould. Cook on medium heat until bubbles appear on the top. Flip over and cook the other side, until golden. Alternatively, pour the batter into a small frying pan and cook as before. Then using a template cut the pancakes into heart shapes.
- Serve 2-3 pancakes per person topped with strawberries and maple syrup and dusted with icing sugar. Great served with plain yoghurt or whipped cream.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it