Lamb Shank and King Soup Vegetable Casserole
A winter-warming dinner option
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare
- 300 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1 packet King Vegetable Soup Mix
- 4 lamb shanks or lamb chops
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin
- 1 swede
- 1 ½ red capsicum (optional)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 ½ cup chopped parsley
- Brown lamb shanks in a frying pan on all 4 sides.
- Peel carrots and parsnips and chop finely. Remove fibres from celery and chop celery finely.
- Peel swede and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Peel onion and slice finely. Peel and cut pumpkin into 1cm cubes.
- Place carrot, parsnip, celery, pumpkin, swede and onion in a slow cooker.
- Place lamb shanks on top.
- Add King Vegetable Soup Mix and water.
- Stir to combine.
- Select low or high on your slow cooker. If your slow cooker has one setting, use the low cooking guide below.
Cooking on low
- Add 9 cups of HOT water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 8-10 hours, or
- Add 9 cups of BOILING water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 6-7 hours
Cooking on high
- Add 9 cups of COLD water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 6-7 hours.
Make sure you check out more King soup recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it