Lamb & Haloumi Skewers
The garlic and rosemary infused flavours are delicious!
- 500g lamb mince
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp Barker's Red Pepper & Chilli Jelly
- 200g haloumi, cut into 20x 10g cubes
- 10 skewers or rosemary stems, 2/3 of the leaves stripped, flowers reserved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix all ingredients except haloumi together in a bowl.
- Roll into 20 small balls and refrigerate on a tray lined with baking paper for 30 minutes.
- Thread 1 meatball and 1 square of haloumi onto a skewer and repeat.
- Squash the meatballs gently into an oblong shape as you thread them onto the skewers.
- Heat a flat grill plate to a medium heat and brush lightly with oil.
- Cook skewers for about 3 minutes each side (12 minutes total) or until cooked through (start with 1 kebab to test – cooking time may vary slightly dependant on the heat of the grill and the size of the meatball)
- Serve kebabs immediately with Red Pepper & Chilli Jelly.
- Edible Flowers: Read here for more information about which blooms are edible, how to prepare them and more edible flower recipes.
For more inspirational Barker's recipes go to their website.
Recipe by: Sarah, From the Kitchen
Liked this recipe? rate and share it