Easter Currant Biscuits
Treat yourself with a batch of these tasty homemade Chelsea NZ cookies
- Serves 24
- 20 mins to prepare
- 12 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 175g butter
- ½ cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- ½ cup currants
- A little egg white, lightly beaten for glaze
- Extra Chelsea Caster Sugar to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cream the butter, sugar and lemon rind until light & fluffy. Work in the egg yolk, then stir in the flour and currants. Knead lightly until smooth. Leave the mixture in the fridge or a cool place for about 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick. Cut into rounds with a fluted 7.5cm cookie cutter. Brush with a little egg white, dredge with Caster Sugar, lift onto a baking paper lined tray & bake for 12–15 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Lift onto a wire rack & leave to cool. Store in an airtight container.
For more inspirational Chelsea recipes go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it