Asian Flavoured Pulled Pork
Good things take time
- Serves 4
- 480 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 1.3kg pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated root ginger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place the pork in a slow cooker or crockpot. Combine the brown sugar, stock balsamic vinegar, hoisin sauce, garlic, root ginger and onion. Mix well. Pour over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the pork to a chopping board. Strain the liquid into a saucepan. Add the combined cornflour and water. Simmer, until thickened.
- Using two forks, shred the pork into small pieces. Place in a bowl with the sauce.
- Serve between hamburger buns or sliders together with a tangy coleslaw.
Approx Time 8 hours
Liked this recipe? rate and share it