Almond Tea Cake with Cherry Preserve
A delicious dessert to share with almond and cherry flavours!
- 55 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 150g self-raising flour
- 100g pack ground almonds
- 175g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Few drops almond essence
- 4 Tbsp of milk
- 200g Barker's Morello Cherries fruit preserve
- 25g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line the base and sides of a loaf tin (approx 900g) with baking paper.
- Sift the flour then add ground almonds into a bowl and mix. Add butter, sugar, eggs, almond essence and milk and beat together for a few minutes until the mix is light and fluffy.
- Spoon approximately half of the mixture into the baking loaf tin, spread the Morello Cherries fruit preserve evenly. Spoon the remaining mixture on top of the preserve.
- Reach a skewer into the loaf tin and make a light swirling motion to create a marble effect (which you will see once cooked). Smooth the top, sprinkle the flaked almonds on top, then bake for 1 1/4 hours (or until firm to the touch).
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For more inspirational Barker's recipes go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it