Nut Free Granola Bars
Perfect for breakfast or for a quick high-energy snack
- Serves 16
- 10 mins to prepare
- 30 mins to cook
- Print Recipe
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats*
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup wholemeal flour*
- ½ teaspoon each: baking soda, baking powder, salt
- ¼ cup each: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon each: ground cinnamon, vanilla essence
- ½ cup creamed honey
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
Topping: 100g dark chocolate
*Gluten/Dairy Free Option: Use gluten-free flour and use an alternative topping of your choice. Ground flax, rice bran, quinoa flakes or chia seeds are great alternative options to the rolled oats.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lightly oil a 20cm x 30cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat the vanilla and honey until liquid and stir in the oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. The mixture will be quite dry. Press into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- The top may be drizzled with melted chocolate, if preferred. Cut into bars or squares.
To Freeze: Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it